The Nature, Faith and Order in the United Reformed Church
As a Reformed denomination we adhere to a statement which binds all the United Reformed Churches together. This statement is important to each congregation as it forms our values and beliefs through our Basis of Union.
A Summary of our Statement of Faith:
As a congregation in the Reformed Tradition, we are very committed to:
- The Priesthood of All Believers, having no hierarchy.
- The Ministry of the whole people of God, all equally sharing in God’s mission.
- The centrality of the Bible, exploring who wrote each part; when they wrote it; why they wrote it; to whom they wrote it; and for what purpose – and as we explore scripture together the Word of God comes to us.
- The Church needing to be reformed and ever in need of reforming in obedience to our risen Lord.
- Being separate from the State, so that we can witness to the State.
- Jesus as the only head of the Church – there is no other.