The United Reformed Church’s theme of ‘More than Welcome’ at Greenbelt this summer was based on the question posed in Luke 14, 15-24: “Who is missing from the banquet?”
Hundreds of adults and children responded in various innovative ways to this challenging question. The following summary points give a flavour of the weekend:
- 80 churches contributed to the 2,800 knitted and crocheted items for the knitted food treasure hunt;
- A church in Annan gave 1,000 knitted squares to be made into blankets for the HARP homeless charity;
- This became an ecumenical project when Anglican churches asked to get involved;
- 540 people did the treasure hunt;
- One boy was inspired to learn a new skill during the weekend – knitting.
- An estimated 640 under 18s and 850 adults visited the URC tent;
- 220 people participated in the intentional conversations;
- 590 people attended the URC debates.
The full article and related resources are available via this link: http://www.urc.org.uk/media-news/2417-festival-plaudits-for-united-reformed-church.